Sunday, February 20, 2011

Full Forgiveness

Reading form the Book of Isaiah 46:9-10...

 9Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, 10Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.

The Lord says that He is the same God that has helped us in the past.  He is able to declare in the beginning how things will turn out in the end.  He is also everything in between.  He knows before trouble ever shows up that we can be victorious if we fight the battle His way.  His way is not a negative way, but a good and right way.  God already has an answer before we have a problem.

We are "more than conquerors...through Him that loved us" (Romans 8:37).  I believe that we can know we will win before the battle even begins.  Through Him we can see the end from the beginning, and we know that victory is sure.

He already knows what our thoughts are, and He already hears every word we will speak.  He is acquainted with all our ways.  Sometimes we act as though God is shocked to discover that we make mistakes.  We need to remember that He is not in heaven wringing His hands saying, "Oh, no! I had no idea you would act this way when I chose you!"  Even with His foreknowledge of our weaknesses and mistakes, He still chose us on purpose and brought us into relationship with Himself through Jesus Christ.  When you make a mistake, relax.  God knew long ago that you would do so and has provided "full forgiveness" for you through His Son.

1 comment:

Gods Modern Day Martyr said...

Father God, I will wait for, look for, hope for, and expect You in my life. I know that I will not be put to shame. Thank You, Father, for imprinting on me Your hand. That way, I know You will not forget me!
Amen