Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Fire Out Of The Mouth

Reading from the Book of Jeremiah 5: 10-31

I have chosen verse 14 to refer to.
14 Therefore this is what the LORD God Almighty says: “Because the people have spoken these words, I will make my words in your mouth a fire and these people the wood it consumes.

We see that God was calling Jeremiah to a new level where his words would be mighty and powerful, like fire.

God is also calling you and me to experience a higher level of His power and blessing, and we need to realize that with every new level comes new opposition.  In the face of that opposition, we should chose our words carefully.  We must realize that wrong words can open doors for the enemy that we do not want to open.

God is speaking about not opening doors to Satan.  Satan is looking for any tiny crack he can crawl through in your life.  We need to live more carefully than ever before.  We must be more aggressive against the kingdom of darkness as to what God has planned.  Things that God was patient with in the past, He will have to deal with now.  We cannot walk in the flesh until it is time to exercise our gifts and then quickly try to get in the Spirit.  There will be no power, no anointing released through such a life.

God told Jeremiah He would make his words like fire in his mouth, and that he would make the people like wood.  I have read and heard of past revivals where the anointing of the Lord was so strong at times that hundreds of people fell out of their chairs onto the floor and began crying out for deliverance and salvation.  That is the manifestation of God, making the words out of their mouths like fire and the people like wood.

When I speak God's Word, I want it to have a dramatic effect on people, changing them radically.  Ask God to put His fire in your mouth.

1 comment:

Gods Modern Day Martyr said...

Father God, I glory in the fact that I know You, that I understand You are the Lord, Who practices loving-kindness, judgement, and rightousness. Thank you for placing the love of Your fire within me.
Amen