Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Hearts On Fire

Reading from the Book of Romans 12:9-11
9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. 10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; 11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord;

Romans 12:11 instructs us to be aglow and burn with the Spirit as we serve the Lord. In order to do this, we have to have our "hearts on fire." How do we keep our "hearts on fire?" I have discovered that the Word of God coming out of my own mouth in the form of prayer, praise or confession is the best way. I can fan the fire. It stirs up the gift within me, keeps the fire aflame, and prevents my spirit from sinking within me. Staying thankful also keeps me enthusiastic.

Also, stay active. There is no point in putting off doing things until later. This is an expression of passivity, and it is one of the greatest tools Satan uses against God's people. The more passive we are, the more our flames diminish. Procrastination and laziness are the cousins of passivity, and they usually all attack in a group. Passive people wait to be moved by an outside force before they take action. But we are to be motivated and led by the Holy Spirit within us, not by outside forces. The best way to be on guard against the spirit of passivity is to do what we need to do now, and do it with all our might.

Remember, everything we do is to be done unto the Lord and for His glory. We should do it through Him, to Him, for Him and with Him. And we should do it willingly, stirred up, and our "hearts on fire".

3 comments:

Gods Modern Day Martyr said...

Thank You, Father, for preparing for me things that my eyes have not seen, my ears have not heard, and my heart has not thought of--things that can only be revealed to me by Your Spirit, and those things that set my heart on fire.
Amen

Angelo Vecchione said...

Per favore vedere
/ www.versolanuovacreazione.it

Dio ti benedica

Angelo Vecchione said...

www.versolanuovacreazione.it