Saturday, January 21, 2012

Truth Over Facts

Reading from the Book of Isaiah 55:11
11So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

God's Word is filled with inherent power. When God speaks, powerful things take place. His Word never returns void. It always accomplishes its purpose. When we learn to speak God's Word instead of rehearsing how we feel or declaring what we think, we are also releasing power. The Word of God spoken in faith from a believer's mouth can change circumstances. We may experience negative facts in our lives, but God's Word is truth, and truth is more powerful than facts.

Lazarus was dead, that was a fact. But when Jesus, Who is Truth, walked up to the tomb and spoke, the truth changed the facts. Throughout the Gospels, we repeatedly read of people who were sick and demon-possessed who went to Jesus. When He spoke, their facts changed. They were healed, delivered, and set free. We must never magnify the facts of our circumstances above God and the power of His Word. When God speaks, things change! God is Truth over facts!

1 comment:

Gods Modern Day Martyr said...

Father God, Thank You for bearing my griefs and sicknesses, for carrying my pain and sorrow, for being wounded for my sin and obtaining peace and well-being for me. I declare today that Your Truth is Power over the facts and that by Your strips, I am healed.
Amen