Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Side Of Power

Reading from the Book of II Timothy 1:5-7
1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, according to the promise of life in Christ Jesus,
To Timothy, my beloved son: Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
I thank God, whom I serve with a clear conscience the way my forefathers did, as I constantly remember you in my prayers night and day,  
longing to see you, even as I recall your tears, so that I may be filled with joy.  
5 For I am mindful of the sincere faith within you, which first dwelt in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am sure that it is in you as well.  
For this reason I remind you to kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.
For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.

It seems that Timothy was getting fearful, weary, and unsure of his call. His spirit was sinking, so Paul came in with a strong word to revival him. Paul reminded him of his faith and how it came to him. He told him essence. "I remember your grandmother's faith. I remember your mother's faith. I remember when I laid my hands on you and we prayed for you to receive the gifts that are in you. Then he said, "Now stir up the gift within you."

Nobody can stir up your gift, that fire within you. Other people can stir you up, but as soon as you are alone, you can grow cold again. That is when you have to stir up yourself. Pray, worship, and praise God. Remember what He has spoken to you. Preach to yourself if you have to. Just do whatever it takes for you to stay stirred up in God.

Timidity, which is the same as fear, is not from God and that God gives us power, love, a calm and well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control. fear will never stop against us. We must learn to do what God tells us do whether we feel fear or not.

The Word says, many times, "fear not."  The way to conquer fear is to press on through it and get to the other side of it---the side of freedom, which is the side of power.

2 comments:

Gods Modern Day Martyr said...

Father God, I declare that You have not given me a spirit of fear. You have given me a spirit of power and of love and of a calm, well-balanced mind and of discipline and self-control. Thank You, Father.
Amen

Anonymous said...

Return to Eden,
http://goldring.wetpaint.com/page/Quantum+Reality
Regards, James.