Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Our Strength, Our Rock, Our Fortress!

Reading from the Book of II Samuel 22: 32-33

32 
32 
32 
32 32 32For who is God, except the Lord?And who is a rock, except our God?
33 33God is my strength and power,And He makes my way perfect.


God is our Strength, our Rock, and our Fortress. He asks us to put our faith in Him and to believe that we can do whatever He asks us to do. He is mighty to uphold us and make us stand. He will support us and keep us from falling.

God's strength is readily available to us, and we receive it through believing the promise He has made to give it to us. If we believe we are weak, then we will only manifest weakness, but the Bible says, "Let the weak say, I am strong!" (Joel 3:10).

When we can say we are strong with a heart of conviction--even though we are weak in ourselves--the Lord will be strong in us, and we will experience victory in our lives!

He is my strength when I am weak.
He is my rock when I am slipping.
He is my deliever when I am trapped.
He is my fortress when I an crumbling.
He is my refuge when I am pursued.
He is my shield when I am exposed.
He is my Lord when life spins out of control.
By Beth Moore

A heart that makes Him its own--one that can state, "He is mine"--is a heart that cannot help but love.
I love you, Lord!"

1 comment:

Gods Modern Day Martyr said...

Thank You, God, that You have girded me with strength for every battle that I face. You are my rock that I stand on and my fortress that You protect me. Thank You, Father, that You hear me when I call upon Your Name.
Amen