Sunday, November 11, 2012

Blindness of The Heart

Reading from the Book of Ephesians 3:17-20
17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, 18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: 19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. 20 But ye have not so learned Christ;

Unbelievers can be so callous and hard that they are "past feeling." But this same verse says that they live by their feelings in unbridled sensuality and carnality. What appears to be a paradox here, the Lord showed me that some people are past doing what they should be doing with their feelings.

God gives people feelings for a specific purpose and use in their walk with Him. But people who have alienated themselves from God are hardened to the place where they are beyond using their feelings for the right purpose. Satan moves them into an area where they live riotous lives, doing whatever they feel like doing.

You and I are not to live that way, but to make the truth of God's Word our standard and to obey it by the power of the Holy Spirit.

1 comment:

Gods Modern Day Martyr said...

Father God, Thank You for opening up my eyes to Your Truth. I thank You from the bottom of my heart that You have wiped my sins away and have unleashed the evil from my life.
Amen