Friday, April 12, 2013

Let Love In!

Reading from the Book of 1 John 4:18 John 14:7
1John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

God is the love that drives out all fear. The more I open my heart to Him in childlike faith and “remain in love”, the more He enters, driving out the darkness of fear and giving me a holy confidence, boldness, and peace.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

The confidence comes from not  knowing about Him, but knowing Him. The problem is that many of us have not truly opened our hearts to God. We keep Him at arms length for many reasons...from fear that He rejects me, or will not provide for me, or will demand too much of me, etc. But Jesus says that, unless we become trusting like little children, we cannot have the kingdom of God, we cannot have that Love that drives out fear.

Let us not close our hearts, let us not lose confidence, let us never give up. There are no situations which God cannot change. Therefore, the first and foundational key to not being afraid, is to "Let Love In!"

1 comment:

Gods Modern Day Martyr said...

Father God, Every morning the sun comes up and You are the first I see. Every night when I close my eyes, You are the last I see. Thank You, Father, for giving me life! Amen