Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Love

Reading from the Book of Psalm 13:5-6

But I have trusted in your steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.I will sing to the Lord, because he has dealt bountifully with me.

Thankfulness, not only for the good things we still have, but also for the adversity and the troubled times we face ahead. Are you willing to say what David said in Psalm 13 verse 5, and sing a song of thankfulness in verse 6?

The world thinks it's "entitled" to much. As Christians, we know God doesn't owe us anything, quite the opposite in fact. Yet because of His abundant grace, He loves us. And the truth is... that's a lot to be thankful for. In fact, it's everything.

When we go through hard times and find ourselves wandering around in our own personal wilderness, we have an opportunity to pause and give thanks for what God is doing in our lives. If we are struggling, that means God is using us in His grand vision. He has a greater good in mind. And, like the Pilgrims, we should remember that joy is found even in the hard times. During our moments of pain and suffering, our response should be cries of thanksgiving, if for no other reason than because God loves us.

Make it the best Thanksgiving ever by remembering just how much you have. Count your blessings and share that spirit with everyone around you. Have a Thanksgiving Love.

1 comment:

Gods Modern Day Martyr said...

Father God, As I face trials and tribulations, I thank you for the chance to open my eyes and hears to Your unwavering love for me. During my sad days, I rejoice in You and sing a song from my heart in knowing You and thankful You are in my life. Amen