Saturday, October 31, 2015

Spirit Of Truth

Reading from the Book of John 14: 6, 17-21
 John 14:Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
 
Have you ever been in a car with someone who doesn't know where he is going and who refuses to ask for directions? Many people think there are many ways to God, and they search for truth in different places, ignoring the directions that God gave us.
The reality is that there is only one way to God, and that is through Jesus, Who is the Way. He will lead you in truth and you will experience fullness of life.

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Things can be hard when we try to do them independently without leaning and relying on God's grace. If everything in life were easy, we wouldn't need the power of the Holy Spirit to help us. One way the Bible refers to the Holy Spirit is our "Helper." He is in us and with us all the time to help us, to enable us to do what we cannot do with ease what would be difficult with out Him.

 21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

To whatever degree we love God, to that same degree we obey Him, that is the measure of our love for Him. As our love for Jesus grows, so will our obedience.
He works continually in and with believers to bring us into new levels of awareness. Entering a new level always means leaving an old one behind, but we have nothing to fear because He promises to be with us. Always, as He is the Spirit of Truth.

1 comment:

Gods Modern Day Martyr said...

Thank You, Jesus, for being my BFF. Amen