Thursday, April 14, 2011

Balance

6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.
Ask the Lord for what you need then wait on Him to provide for what He sees fit, knowing that His timing is always perfect. Humble yourself under His hand in every situation of your life and trusting that He knows what is best for you. He has great plans for you. Stop striving and allow Him to show you how to cooperate with His purposes for you. 
 
7 Cast all your anxiety on him because He cares for you.
Be sure to cast all your cares upon the Lord. Do not worry about anything because staying peaceful is actually proof that you have humbled yourself and that you trust God to do what needs to be done.
 
8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
Maintaining balance in all things is so important! If we do not, we open a door to Satan, who roams around hungrily seeking to devour us. Here are a list of thoughts that will help in staying balanced in one particular area of your life---your self-image. There are many aspects of life that need to be kept in balance, but focusing on self-image is most important because it is such a foundational issue.
 
In order to develop a balanced, healthy, God-centered self-image, incorporate these thoughts into the way you think about yourself.
1. I know God created me, and He loves me.
2. I have faults and weaknesses, and I want to change.  I believe God is working in my life.  He is changing me bit by bit, day by day. While He is working in me, I can still enjoy my life and myself.
3. Everyone has faults, so I am not a failure just because I am not perfect.
4. I am going to work with God to overcome my weaknesses, but I realize I will always have something to deal with.  Therefore I will not become discouraged when God convicts me of areas of my life that need improvement.
5. I want to make people happy and have them like me, but my sense of worth is not dependent upon what others think of me.  Jesus has already affirmed my value by His willingness to die for me.
6. I will not be controlled by what other people think, say or do. Even if they totally reject me, I will survive.  God has promised never to condemn or reject me as long as I keep believing.
7. No matter how often I fail, I will not give up because God is with me to strength and sustain me.  He has promised to never leave me or forsake me.
8. I like myself. I do not like everything I do, and I want to change, but I refuse to reject myself.
9. I am right with God through Jesus Christ.
10. God has a plan for my life.  I am going to fulfill my destiny and be all I can be for His glory.  I have God-given gifts and talents, and I intend to use them to help others.
11. I am nothing, and yet I am everything!  In myself I am nothing, and yet in Jesus I am everything I need to be.
12. I can do everything God calls me to do, through His Son Jesus Christ.
 
9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
There are many area we should strive for balance. We should maintain the balance of work and rest, eat a balanced diet, never spend more than we earn, and enjoy people, but also have solitude. Although we want to please people and have their approval we must put God and His will first in our lives at all times. If we do not maintain balance in our lives, Satan will take advantage of the door we have opened. If you find areas out of balance, ask God to help you make the adjustments. Resist Satan and strive for balance.

1 comment:

Gods Modern Day Martyr said...

Father Lord, I thank You for choosing me and making me one of Your own special people and for calling me out of darkness into Your marvelous light. I pray to You, Father, to give me balance in all areas of my life. Give me the ability to resist the devil and maintain a healthy balance. Thank you, Father, for the gifts and talents You give to me.
Amen