Friday, April 8, 2011

Deeply Rooted

Reading from the Book of Ephesians 3:14-19

 14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Do you really understand the depths of God's love for you? Do you understand the width and length and depth and height of God's love for you, and that you should be rooted and grounded in that love?  Just imagine having your personality filled with the Holy Spirit of the living God and being a body wholly filled with God Himself. Any area of our lives that we hold back from God is an area where we can not be filled with His Spirit. Your time is His, your money is His, as are your gifts and talents, your family, your career, thoughts, attitudes, and desires.  He wants to be involved in every area of your life, including how you dress, the friends you choose, what you do for entertainment, what you eat, and so on.

After conversion, Jesus is our Savior, but is He our Lord?  I lived a defeated life for many years simply because I was not fully surrendered.  I accepted Jesus has my Savior and I had enough of Him to stay out of hell, but I had not accepted Him as my Lord in every area of my life.  I had not accepted enough of Him to walk in victory---and there is a difference.

Complete surrender to God brings good change into our lives.  Surrendering to Him actually opens the door to the things we desire, and yet we waste our own energy trying to obtain access to them in our way. Ask God to reveal to you more and more of His love and to expand your capacity to recieve this awesome love and to become deeply rooted in all the fullness of God.

1 comment:

Gods Modern Day Martyr said...

Heavenly Father, Thank you for strengthening me with mighty power in my inner being by Your Holy Spirit. I pray that Christ makes His permanent home in my heart through faith and that I stay deeply rooted in His love.
Amen