Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Mighty Oak

Reading from the Book of Isaiah 61:1-3


 1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
   because the LORD has anointed me
   to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
   to proclaim freedom for the captives
   and release from darkness for the prisoners,[a]
2 to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor
   and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
 3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
   instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
   instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
   instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called mighty oaks,
   a planting of the LORD
   for the display of his splendor.


If we consistently believe God's Word, He will turn circumstances from negative to positive, in His perfect timing.

A lot of negative things have happened to me, and Satan used them to sour my attitude toward life and people.  I was trapped in my past because I did not believe I had a future.  As soon as I believed in Jesus Christ, I was released from the past and began making progress toward the good things God had in mind for me. It did not all come to me immediately in manifested form, but believing in God gave me renewed hope that kept me going from day to day. Slowly but surely I began to see changes take place in my life, and each change encouraged me to believe God more.

Believing God is the key to recieving from Him. No matter what has happened to you in the past, if you believe, you can begin to enjoy the good future that is set aside for you in Jesus Christ, and begin to stand strong as the mighty oak.

1 comment:

Gods Modern Day Martyr said...

Father God, I will greatly rejoice in You. My soul will exult in You because You have clothed me with garments of salvation and with a robe of rightousness. You have annointed me to proclaim the good news to those who are poor, downtrodden and prisoners of the devil's lies. You have annointed me with the knowledge of Your truth and have given me the strength to stand mighty as the oak. Thank You, Father.
Amen