Saturday, May 21, 2011

What Time Is It?

Reading from the Book of Mark 13:31-33

 31Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
 32But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
 33Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

So where is this generation at in this sequence of cosmic events? Jesus instructed us to watch the signs of the times so that we would be better prepared for His coming. But not just His coming: preparation also for the arrival of false prophets, persecution, an Antichrist, and other tribulations. Yes, Jesus commanded us to watch and pray so that we would be able to remain faithful during the "final trial" that would come.

Particularly, our generation is certainly a candidate for the possible arrival of the "lawless one."
What is my mission? In part, it is to better prepare you for these trials. However, my ultimate goal is to prepare you, not for the Antichrist, but for Jesus Christ! For the Lord is near, and He desires to enter your heart now. If you open wide your heart to Jesus, then you are already beginning to live in the Kingdom of God, and the sufferings of this present time will seem as nothing compared to the glory you will taste and which awaits you in eternity.

There are fearful things I sometimes have written in my "blogs" (see also GodsModernDayMartyr). And should they awaken you and drive you to the feet of Christ, then that is a good thing. I would sooner see you in Heaven with trembling knees than know you went into everlasting flames because you were asleep in sin. But even better if you come to the Lord in trust and hope, recognizing His infinite love and mercy for you.

Jesus is not someone "way out there", a cruel judge hastening to sentence you, but He is near… a Brother and Friend, standing as it were at the door of your heart. If you open it, He will begin to whisper His divine secrets to you, putting this world and all its trappings in their proper context, and bestowing upon you the World to come, in this life, and the next. With Jesus, you will hear, see and know what time it is.

1 comment:

Gods Modern Day Martyr said...

Father God, Thank you for giving me the knowledge of the day and time that You have assigned to me in work to do in Your Holy Name. As I wait for You, I pray not to waste my time speculating when You are coming back. I pray to serve You wholeheartedly every day, as You instruct me in Your Word.
Amen