Sunday, February 17, 2013

Here I Am, Send Me!

Reading from the Book of Isaiah 5:26-30, 6:1-9
Isaiah 5:26 Look! God is giving a sign to the nations far away. He is raising a flag and whistling for them to come.
Now the enemy is coming from a faraway land and will soon enter the country. They are moving very quickly. 27 The enemy soldiers never get tired and stumble. They never get sleepy and fall asleep. Their weapon belts are always ready. Their sandal straps never break. 28 Their arrows are sharp. Their bows are strung and ready to shoot. The horses’ hooves are as hard as flint. Clouds of dust rise from behind their chariots.
29 The shouts of the enemy sound like the roar of lions. Like strong, young lions, they growl and grab their prey. The captives struggle and try to escape, but there is no one to save them. 30 Then there is a roar as loud as the ocean waves, and the captives turn their faces to the ground. And there is only darkness closing in as the light fades away in a black cloud.

The calling forth of the army of God from the ends of the earth - all with just a whistle, He calls them to gather and to go forward into battle, at His command.

Isaiah 6:1 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a very high and wonderful throne. His long robe filled the Temple. Seraph angels stood around him. Each angel had six wings. They used two wings to cover their faces, two wings to cover their bodies, and two wings to fly. The angels were calling to each other, “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord All-Powerful. His Glory fills the whole earth.” The sound was so loud that it caused the frame around the door to shake, and the Temple was filled with smoke.
I was frightened and said, “Oh, no! I will be destroyed. I am not pure enough to speak to God, and I live among people who are not pure enough to speak to him. But I have seen the King, the Lord All-Powerful.”
There was a fire on the altar. One of the Seraph angels used a pair of tongs to take a hot coal from the fire. Then the angel flew to me with it in his hand. Then he touched my mouth with the hot coal and said, “When this hot coal touched your lips, your guilt was taken away, and your sins were erased."
Then I heard the Lord’s voice, saying, “Who can I send? Who will go for us?” So I said, “Here I am. Send me!”

Before God can use us, He needs to cleanse us. Isaiah realized he had a sinful and unclean mouth that needed to be dealt with. We all would prefer miraculous deliverance, but most of the time the Lord puts us through a cleansing process.

God forgave Isaiah's sin and then issued a call: "Who will go for Us?" Isaiah responded, "Here I am; send me." Isaiah's heart wanted to serve the Lord, and God knew that. God will always look for someone who has a perfect heart toward Him, not necessarily someone who has a perfect performance before Him. When the Lord has the heart, He can always change the behavior.

The truth should encourage those of us who want to be used by God, but who often feel that we just have too many flaws. We come to Him as we are, and He molds and makes us into vessels fir for His use.

After Isaiah's mouth was cleansed, God called him saying, "Go and tell this people..." The call, the anointing, and the appointment can occur in different time periods, but no matter how they take place or in what order, the process of preparation is as important to us today as it was to Isaiah long ago. One thing is for sure, when God calls us into His presence, He is going to deal with us, and we must let Him to that.

Is God calling you for a cleansing? Are you ready to declare, "Here I am; send me?"

1 comment:

Gods Modern Day Martyr said...

Father God, I declare that You are Holy. Cleanse me, Lord, so I may declare, "Here I am", send me where ever You want to send me! My trust and faith is in You, Lord.
Amen