Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Open The Prison Doors!

Reading from the Book of Isaiah 61:1-3
1 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

One of the things said in this verse is that Jesus has come to open prison doors and set captives free. I believe this refers to the prison of sin, guilt, and condemnation. Jesus died so that our sins can be forgiven and completely removed along with any sense of guilt an condemnation.

Jesus can heal us everywhere we hurt! He wants to help us mentally and emotionally, as well as spiritually and physically. For a long time, I did not know that, and my lack of knowledge caused me to live a dysfunctional life. Abuse and rejection had left me emotionally wounded until I discovered that Jesus wanted to give me, and all of us, a way out of the prison we were in.

2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

It is time for you to enjoy God's favor. That means He will bless you even though you do not deserve it, if you place your faith in Him. God wants you to enjoy yourself and your life. He wants to heal you everywhere you hurt! He wants to heal you spiritually, physically, financially, and socially. Do not close off any part of your life to His healing touch.

When we accept Jesus as Savior and Lord, a great exchange takes place in the spirit realm. He gives us everything He has and is, and we are supposed to give Him not only everything we are, but even what we are not. He takes our weaknesses and gives us strength. He takes our sickness and gives us health and healing. We give Him our sin, and He gives us righteousness. We cannot live in the past and press into the future at the same time. Let go of what lies behind and start enjoying the new life that Jesus has for you.

3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.

If we consistently believe God's Word, He will turn circumstances from negative to positive, in His perfect timing. Alot of negatrive things have happened to me, and Satan used them to sour my attitude toward life and people. I was trapped in my past because I did not believe in Jesus Christ. I was released from the past and began making progress toward the good things God had in mind for me. It did not all come to me immediately in manifested form, but believing in God gave me renewed hope that kept me going from day to day. Slowly but surely I began to see changes take place in my life and each change encouraged me to believe God more.

Believing God is the key to receiving from Him. No matter what has happened to you in the past, if you believe, you can receive! God, and God alone, can open the prison doors!

1 comment:

Gods Modern Day Martyr said...

Father God, I will greatly rejoice in You! My soul will exult in You because You have clothed me with garments of salvation and with a robe of righteousness. You have released me from my past and have given me a glorious future to look towards. For that, I thank You. In Jesus Name, Amen.