Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Royal Decree

Reading from the Book Of Psalm 2:7, Esther 8:8, Luke 2:1 
Psalm 2:7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

I once saw a movie in which a king issued a royal decree. He wrote down his command and then sent forth riders on horseback throughout the country to "declare the decree" to the citizens of that kingdom.

In the Scriptures we see the issuing of such royal decrees in Esther and Luke:

Esther 8:8 Write ye also for the Jews, as it liketh you, in the king's name, and seal it with the king's ring: for the writing which is written in the king's name, and sealed with the king's ring, may no man reverse.

Luke 2:1 And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed.

In Psalm 2:7, the psalmist wrote that he would "declare the decree of the Lord." What decree? The decree in which the Lord declares that He (Jesus) is God's only begotten Son.

The written Word of God is the formal decree of the Lord, our King. When we declare God's Word out of our mouths, with hearts full of faith, those faith-filled words go forth to establish God's order in our lives. When the royal decree is pronounced, thing's begin to change!

Declare "The Royal Decree" in your life.

1 comment:

Gods Modern Day Martyr said...

Father God, Thank You for listening to me when I call to You. As I declare Your Word the decree in my life, I ask You to work through me as I pronounce Your decree as Almighty!
Amen